pixel Condensation - Solution
Subscripe to our E-mail News, and be the first to get new info regarding how to deal with damp and humidity in your house.


11 Jan 2015
KefaTherm Condensation, insulation and anti condensation KefaTherm Condensation, insulation and anti condensation

Most rising damp is not rising damp at all, but condensation.
As mentioned Previously only the normal processes of living in a house causes water vapor - such as breathing, washing, bathing, showering and cooking.

When the steam hits the wall that is cooler, it condenses and becomes "moisture". Typically, the coldest part of the wall is at the bottom (hot air rises) which is presumably how the myth has occurred that it is rising damp. This can make all the usual signs of moisture, such as peeling paint, plaster falling, wallpaper peeling, salt coming out of the wall, etc.

Condensation is a byproduct of daily life, but if your walls are sealed with plastic paint, the building can not breathe out the moisture again.

Condensation can be avoided by good ventilation (air flow) around the house - this allows your home to breathe out moisture that is trapped in your home.

It starts with the opening of a window - modern homes these days are well insulated and sealed, protected from the elements - actually open more than one window - two open!
Open an upstairs window a crack, and one down also. This allows air flow through all the spaces, and ventilate your home further.
Only one window open will make you feel cold.

Moisture in the home has to go somewhere, and if your home is completely sealed against cold and draughts (as we are so much being encouraged to do in modern life) then the water vapour has to go somewhere...
Just spend a short while breathing out into a cool glass, to see the water vapor start to condense on the insides of the glass.
Inside your well-sealed home the same happens every time you breathe, cook, turn on the shower or dry your clothes - a lot of water.

Two common signs of condensation are:

Toxic Black Mold
These two tend to form in cupboards and enclosed spaces.
Toxic black mold formed in a cupboard with no ventilation
Mildew is often found in wardrobes, and forms on textiles, such as clothing

Toxic Black Mold forms on non-living surfaces, such as tiles, plaster, acrylic paints, gloss paints etc (all those non-breathable ones). This is a particularly nasty fellow, and has been blamed for all kinds of sickness, including headaches, sinus conditions, coughs, asthma, rashes, general fatigue and 'sick building syndrome'.
Ventilation in the home is key to avoiding condensation, and starting your damp treatment.

In addition to ventilate your home, it is important to use wall paintings that are breathable. For indoor use, we recommend that you use KefaRid Interior.

KefaRid Interior allows not only the wall to breathe, but due to its physical structure, moisture is sucked out of the wall, leaving it dry, so no living conditions are left for mold.
Black toxic mold is removed really easily with the KefaWash disenfection and the wall is clean. Always use KefaWash before BioRis as it leaves kristals that avoids that mold can grow again.
Then keep your room ventilated, and let the walls breathe with KefaRid!


Read 4736 times Last modified on Thursday, 14 May 2015 22:21

Add comment

Security code

Most Read

Checklist - How to Analyse Dampness

Checklist - How to Analys…

Checklist regarding causes of odors, moisture...

Vapor barriers

Vapor barriers

You have probably heard a lot of advices abou...

Christmas tree without mold - Merry Christmas

Christmas tree without mo…

Mold on your Christmas tree is not what you w...